Sunday Tea and Banana Macadamia Loaf

Every once in a while I have tea with a great friend. My challenge is to find something to make that is vegetarian (dairy but not egg free). This can be a bit of a challenge as I have not been posed this challenge in my beginning baking years.

I found this recipe on the net and deemed it worthy. It yielded 1 loaf plus 5 small silicon muffin mold size muffins.

For this recipe I used:
4 Large Ripe Bananas
1Cup of Sugar
1/2 Cup of Applesauce
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
2 Large Eggs
1 teaspoon Baking Soda
1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
1/2 teaspoon of Salt
1 Cup of All Purpose Flour
1 Cup of 100% Whole Wheat Flour
1 Cup coarsely chopped Macadamia Nuts




It turned out well , I do prefer a dairy version that I make, and I would recommend this vegetarian option.

It was good!





Mash the bananas and let set for 15 minutes with sugar and vanilla.

Yum...Macadamias
Cooled, ready & cut.

Labels: