Just Back....

Just back from almost a month of travel.

I was fortunate to visit Munich & Area in Germany. Barcelona, Ibiza, Cartagena, Malaga, & Cadiz in Spain. Bridgetown in Barbados and Toronto on the way home to Vancouver.

One of my guilty pleasures is to shop in bookstores and supermarkets when I am out of the country.

On this trip I was able to pick up some books, magazines and other local specialties.

Supermarket Finds

In the Munich area I picked up: Fuchs Brand Spices, some Dark Gravy maker helper, Spicy Mustard, Lebkuchen Spice, Oblates (for Lebkuchen), Spicy Mustard, a package of White & Milk chocolate torte topping. In Spain I picked up some Fleur de Sel, Smoked Paprika, and Spicy Pepper sauce.


Bookstore Finds
In a German book store I picked up an amazing Book - Patiserie-Christophe Felder (German Version). I also picked up a German Christmas Specialties book. In the magazine section I picked up an assortment of 5. All look great. I did try to pick up a Spanish baking book but I couldn't find a comprehensive one. A link to Patiserie in English can be found here.

Can't wait to give a test run to everything!

Hanging on the door when we arrived home from our Neighbour!

Labels: